Find a Train Ticket
OverviewWherever you go in Greece you’ll find ancient relics, incense-filled Orthodox churches, shaded olive groves and bustling tavernas.
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
The national railway company of Greece is known as the Hellenic Railways Organisation (OSE). Greece has about 2,000 km of railway network. Train tickets for trains operating in Greece can be booked in advance. International trains connect Greece with neighbouring countries such as Turkey and Bulgaria. Book train tickets to visit main cities of Greece by train. Greek cities including Athens, Larissa and Katerina are all served by trains.
Big cities and small towns are well connected by train in Greece, all the tourist destinations are within easy reach. Start off at the bohemian city of Thessaloniki and take the 6-hour Intercity night train south to Athens. Here you can visit the Acropolis, the Parthenon, Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon.
The Greek landscape is defined by beautiful ancient ruins and stretching coastline, no part of Greece is more than forty miles from the sea. Traveling through the country by train is a feast for the eyes, you’ll see some excellent views and beautiful rolling scenery.
The rugs, gold jewellery and flea market antiques from Athens are truly unique. Or try Mykonos and Crete for the best traditional ‘tacky’ holiday souvenirs. Copper and brassware sold near the old city wall in Ioaninna provide an excellent keepsake from your holiday.
Eat & Drink
Greek food is rich in the flavours of the Mediterranean. Specialities of Greece include olives, lemons, nuts, tomatoes, and grapes. Lamb is common, as is all seafood, and legumes. Yogurt and cheese also feature heavily. As for drink Ouzo is the most popular aperitif but beware, it’s well-known for it’s effects the next day!
Take the OSE train across Greece to the modern city port of Volos for the beautiful waterfront and wide range of shops.
Interactive Rail Map
Go for our best-selling rail passes Greece
Top cities in Greece
Rail pass benefits
The national railway company of Greece is OSE
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Superfast Ferries / Blue Star Ferries (EURAIL Member)
- Bari-Patras Free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders. Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 10 per person; July and August € 20 per person. Fuel surcharge is extra & port taxes are € 7. Italy, Ancona +39 071 202 034 email@example.com Italy, Bari +39 080 528 2828 firstname.lastname@example.org Greece +30 210 891 9130 email@example.com
Blue Star Ferries 30% discount
Greek domestic routes
Greece +30 210 891 9800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HML (Hellenic Mediterranean Lines)
- Patras-Brindisi, extra calls at Corfu and Cefalonia during the summer. 30% discount on all categories (except the luxury cabin) in high season (15/06-15/09); 50% discount on all categories (except the luxury cabin) outside the high season. Information and booking: Brindisi: 39 0831 528 53, Email: email@example.com Rome: +39 06 4740141, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minoan Lines free deck passage
- Patras / Igoumenitsa - Ancona
- Patras / Corfu / Igoumenitsa - Venice Free deck passage (embarkation upon availability). Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 16 per person; July and August € 26 per person. 50% discount on upgrades. Italy: +39 041 240 7177 Greece: +30 210 414 5700 The company reserves the right to apply a fuel surcharge when this is inevitable due to extraneous factors.
Ionian Travel 20% discount
- day cruise from Athens to the isles of Aegina, Poros and Hydra (lunch included). Booking: Ionian Travel, 4, Pireos str. (1st floor), Athens Tel: +30 (0)210 523 9609 and +30 (0)210 523 4774; email: email@example.com.
Athens railway museum admission free
Daily (except Mondays) 09.00am - 01.00pm + Wednesday from 05.00pm -08.00pm; 4, Siokou street, Athens
Ionian travel in Athens 15% discount
Certain hotels in Athens
One day excursion ot Delfi or Epidaurus (lunch included)
Athens sightseeing tour
Booking: Ionian Travel, 4, Pireos str. (1st floor), Athens
Tel: +30 210 523 4774; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.