Eurail Benelux - Germany Pass
From ฿ 7,729
Get 1 free travel day!
Book before 28/04/2015 and benefit from 1 additional day of travel!
- Unlimited travel in Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Germany.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
Reviews & ratings (20)
Why choose us?
3 million travellers in 2013
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
The Eurail Benelux-Germany Pass is the most comprehensive pass to visit Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
All four countries have plenty to show for themselves: gorgeous forests and modern cities, renowned art and architecture, as well as fabulous food and chocolate. Visit iconic cities like Amsterdam and Berlin before discovering other main cities including Bruges, Brussels and Luxembourg.
The Eurail Benelux-Germany Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Benelux-Germany Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares, free ferry trips and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Benelux-Germany Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any persons living in a non-European country can use the Benelux - Germany Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver pass discount?
A Saver pass discount allows families or groups of 2 to 5 people travelling together to get a discount. Adults get a 15% discount and children get 50% off.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 6 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
You should record your trip in the Travel Report on the rail pass cover.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Enjoy your trip with the discounts and bonuses that come with your rail pass.
From hotel discounts to reduced museum fares and free ferry trips, your rail pass saves you money.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Belgium
Special Eurail pass holder fares with valid pass including Belgium on the Eurostar high speed trains that link London to Brussels.
5% reduction at HUSA-Hotels.(Login: Rail Pass password: localice58)
10% reduction at Meininger Hotels. Book directly at www.meininger-hotels.com
Hard Rock Cafe Brussels, Grote Markt 12A. Complimentary Hot Fudge Sundae with any main course order or a free gift in the Rock Shop with every purchase over € 25
International IC Bus Connections- Pass holders with a Global Pass need a reservation only. Pass holders with a pass which is not valid in all countries through which the bus passes need a reservation and ticket for the section not covered on pass. Dusseldorf-Eindhoven-Brussels-London / Dusseldorf-Roermond-Eindhoven-Antwerpen.
The national railway company of Belgium is NMBS/SNCB
HUSA-Hotels 10% discount
Discount on the best internet rate, not in combination with other offers. Book at www.husa.es (login: Rail Pass, password: Eurailinterrail) or by tel. +34 902 100 710 (reference Eurail InterRail).
Netherlands (Holland) Bonuses
The national railway company of The Netherlands is NS.
A Eurail Pass valid in the Netherlands is also valid on the following private railway lines:
- DB Regio Westfalen
- Prignitzer Eisenbahn
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Stena Line 30% discount
Harwich - Hoek van Holland: (reservation compulsory)
+ 353 (0) 12 047 777
DFDS Seaways 25% discount
- Newcastle - IJmuiden (on all categories except Commodore Class). Reservation at: www.dfdsseaways.com/railpass. Subject to availability.
Rail Pass benefits in Germany
Private and Regional Rail Roads
- Travel free of charge on board local trains (S-Bahn trains) that connects all major German cities. Keep in mind that Berlin is an exception and that Eurail Passes are only valid on the S-Bahn tracks that connect the DB railway stations of Berlin.
- 10% discount on the Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt mountain railway route, and discount on some cable cars in the summit area.
- Discounted fare to travel on board the Berlin Night express train operating beetween Berlin and Malmo, including the ferry crossing from Sassnitz-Trelleborg. Keep in mind that reservations are required and are an additional cost.
Ferries and Cruises
- 20% discount on sailings on boats operated by the ’KD German Rhine Line’ making regular runs on the river Rhine between Köln and Mainz and on the river Mosel between Koblenz and Cochem (except on boats making cruises of several days between Basel and Rotterdam or vice versa, or between Trier and Koblenz or vice versa). An extra charge is applicable for the use of hydrofoils.
- 50% reduction on boats on Lake Constance operated by BSB, SBS and ÖBB (from May to October).
- 30% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde-Helsinki operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- 20% discount is offered on the offical fares on the ferry crossing from Travemünde - Malmo operated by Finnlines. Port tax and meals are an additional cost and are paid locally.
- Various reductions on boat trips on the river Danube between Passau and Linz (Austria) or vice versa operated by Wurm & Köck.
20% discount to travel on board the Europabus. Route EB 190/190A Romantische Strasse (May to October), Romantic Road, (Frankfurt am Main-Rothenburg ob der Tauber-Augsburg-Munich/Fussen). We strongly advise that you make your seat reservations in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting Touring Tours & Travel by Phone: +49 69 719126 261; Fax: +49 69 719126 156.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are:
- 10% reduction for stay in Meininger hotels in Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg.
- 10% reduction for stay in A&O hotels and hostels in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and other German cities.
Free Hot Fudge Sundae when you order any main course. Free gift in Rock Shop for all purchase over € 25. Hard Rock Cafe: Berlin, Kurfürstendamm 224, Cologne, Gürzenichstr. 8, Munich, Platzl 1.
Rail Pass benefits in the Netherlands
30% discount on the full Stena Line fares for the crossing between Hoek van Holland and Harwich (UK).
Free access to the NS Hispeed lounges in several cities. Access is available on the day of travel for 1st class pass holders who have a reservation.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are Dusseldorf-Eindhoven-Brussels-London and Dusseldorf-Roermond-Eindhoven-Antwerpen.
- Hotel Amsterdam: 15% off when booking online.
- Meininger Hotels: 10% off if you book directly with the hotel.
20% discount for the Boijmans Van Beuningen Museum in Rotterdam. It is one of the oldest in Netherlands home to a wide collection of medieval and modern European art. Pass holders must show their pass at the museum ticket window to receive their discount.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. If you are having trouble determining what is the best pass for you, click on the blue square button " Search passes ". You'll be helped, on line, to select the best pass for your trip.
- A. Rail passes for children are generally half the adult fare. Some passes do not offer a child pass. Child tickets are offered on most trains and vary by train type. They are generally about half of an adult ticket. The Swiss Pass allows children under 16 to travel free when they are traveling with a parent who is holding a Swiss Pass. On BritRail passes, children 5 through 15 are free with each paying adult.
- A. Heathrow Express arrives in London's Paddington Station.
- A. To obtain a refund, please return your unused, unvalidated tickets/pass to your travel agent, or send to your local Raileurope Office. Click here to get the information in our contact us section. Most tickets are required to be returned at least 3 days prior to the departure date, or to be stamped "Unused" at a rail station in Europe to be eligible for a refund. Please add a short note including the original booking number of the order. It is suggested that you send these documents by some type of traceable mail for proof of delivery, should they get lost in the mail.
- A. Gatwick and Heathrow Express trains run every 15 minutes.
- A. - Business class offers the highest class of service in trains. It will include 1st seats, meals , access to lounges, and no restrictions on being exchanged. Flexi First class offers on day train 1st class seat , and are the most exchangeable. Night trains will offer first class couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Meal service may be available for purchase. Best Price First class day trains will also offer 1st class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Meal service may be available for purchase. Night trains will offer first class couchette or sleepers and lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Flexi Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats that are exchangeable. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers and are exchangeable. Best Price Second day trains will offer 2nd class seats with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Night trains offer lower comfort couchette (shared sleeping) or sleepers with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions. Super Saver class is available on night train only and will offer reclingin seats with with lowest ticket prices that may have restrictions.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding a Frecciarossa train. Though, ticket control and passport checks will occur on board Frecciarossa train.
answered | Posted by Jasmine C. | Comments 0 | Created: 25/03/2015
answered | Posted by Katherine S. | Comments 0 | Created: 27/02/2015
answered | Posted by Jimmy S. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/02/2015
answered | Posted by steph y. | Comments 0 | Created: 11/12/2014
answered | Posted by Su P. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/11/2014
Reviews & ratings
Overall rating (20)
Overall appreciationExcellent 39% Very good 46% Average 15% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
"Greate service"Ben v.
Thank you very much for a excellent service, the only thing that could be improved upon is perhaps the cellphone app. Specifically adding the line from which the particular train will depart. Value for money Convenience
"Rail pass his convenient and c"Xiao Hu l. 02/03/2014
Whenever I travel to Europe, I prefer fly the fly, not only I can see more local culture, you will never need to arrive airport earlier and wait for an hour or so. Train in Europe is always on time and it bring you to the city directly rather than flying, you still need to take local transport to downtown. Seat reservation also help you to ensure your comfort, for eight Euro, you can be sure you have a seat on the train and sometimes they also come with refreshment as well. Value for money Convenience
"Goodd trip"Gino t. 09/12/2013
The trip was ok this summer Value for money