Eurail Benelux PassFrom ฿ 5,167 From ฿ 5,167 Eurail
- Unlimited travel in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
The Eurail Benelux Pass is the ultimate pass to discover Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. All three countries are commonly known as Benelux and are offered as a single destination in your Eurail Pass.
Belgium is the land of chocolates, waffles, beer and chips whereas the Netherlands is famed for its colorful tulips fields, canals, bicycles, iconic windmills and tasty cheese. In Luxembourg, you will find beautiful historic monuments.
The Eurail Benelux Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Benelux Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares, discounted ferry trips and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Benelux Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Benelux Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 11 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
You should record your trip in the Travel Report on the rail pass cover.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Belgium
Special Eurail pass holder fares with valid pass including Belgium on the Eurostar high speed trains that link London to Brussels.
5% reduction at HUSA-Hotels.(Login: Rail Pass password: localice58)
10% reduction at Meininger Hotels. Book directly at www.meininger-hotels.com
Hard Rock Cafe Brussels, Grote Markt 12A. Complimentary Hot Fudge Sundae with any main course order or a free gift in the Rock Shop with every purchase over € 25
International IC Bus Connections- Pass holders with a Global Pass need a reservation only. Pass holders with a pass which is not valid in all countries through which the bus passes need a reservation and ticket for the section not covered on pass. Dusseldorf-Eindhoven-Brussels-London / Dusseldorf-Roermond-Eindhoven-Antwerpen.
The national railway company of Belgium is NMBS/SNCB
HUSA-Hotels 10% discount
Discount on the best internet rate, not in combination with other offers. Book at www.husa.es (login: Rail Pass, password: Eurailinterrail) or by tel. +34 902 100 710 (reference Eurail InterRail).
Netherlands (Holland) Bonuses
The national railway company of The Netherlands is NS.
A Eurail Pass valid in the Netherlands is also valid on the following private railway lines:
- DB Regio Westfalen
- Prignitzer Eisenbahn
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Stena Line 30% discount
Harwich - Hoek van Holland: (reservation compulsory)
+ 353 (0) 12 047 777
DFDS Seaways 25% discount
- Newcastle - IJmuiden (on all categories except Commodore Class). Reservation at: www.dfdsseaways.com/railpass. Subject to availability.
Rail Pass benefits in the Netherlands
30% discount on the full Stena Line fares for the crossing between Hoek van Holland and Harwich (UK).
Free access to the NS Hispeed lounges in several cities. Access is available on the day of travel for 1st class pass holders who have a reservation.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are Dusseldorf-Eindhoven-Brussels-London and Dusseldorf-Roermond-Eindhoven-Antwerpen.
- Hotel Amsterdam: 15% off when booking online.
- Meininger Hotels: 10% off if you book directly with the hotel.
20% discount for the Boijmans Van Beuningen Museum in Rotterdam. It is one of the oldest in Netherlands home to a wide collection of medieval and modern European art. Pass holders must show their pass at the museum ticket window to receive their discount.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. You will be offered the Print @ home ticket delivery to travel on board Italo trains in Italy. Receive your ticket reference in your inbox, print it and you are ready to travel. The Print @ home is more convenient and has no shipping fees.
Q. Why is printing options not authorized for all tickets which are sold on the Rail Europe Websites?A.When booking your tickets, you can choose your printing option: Paper ticket, "Print @ Home" or "Print @ the station". Paper tickets are always available. Nevertheless, the other options can be unavailable, depending on the route you have chosen. Please note that for the moment, "Print @ the station" is only offered on Eurostar, ATOC and on all trains departing from France (domestic and international trains such as Thalys, TGV Lyria etc.). The "Print @ Home" option is only offered if the booking includes a Eurostar, Thalys, French Journeys or Spanish trains.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding ICE trains. Just be aware that for international destinations, ticket control and passport checks will occur on boarding the train. And if you are a pass holder, just remember that you have to validate your pass prior to boarding the ICE trains.
- A. Yes, you may need to make a reservation. All trains that travel internationally will require reservations. All night trains and high-speed trains will require reservations. Most trains in these countries will require reservations: France, Spain, and Italy.
- A. Finding Train Tickets and Schedules can be accomplished with just a few simple steps. First click on the "Train Tickets" section, located on the top of any page. There you will find a form asking for your departure city and arrival city and the date that you would like to travel. You will also be asked the approximate time that you want to travel (morning, afternoon or evening). If you would like to book a round trip ticket, just click on the "Round Trip" option and provide the information for your return trip on the same page. Once all of your information has been entered and you have clicked "Search" you will be presented with a number of results to choose from. First, you will want to look through the times offered to see what the best schedule for your travel. Once you have chosen a schedule, you should begin to look at the prices that are offered. Fares are typically broken down into categories, Business, Flexi First, Best Price First, Flexi Second, Best Price Second and Super Saver. Best Price First and Best Price Second are classes tickets being more restrictive in terms of flexibility. Flexi First, Flexi second and Business are classes offering more flexibility. Although these classifications do apply to several different train types, it is always recommended that you click on the "Details" link under each fare type to show the specific refund and exchange rules for that price. Once you have decided on the train and fare that you would like to purchase, click on the "select" link, which will take you to the passenger selection page. Once you have input your passenger information you can choose to continue shopping or proceed to the checkout process.
- A. This depends mainly on what Eurostar ticket you have. Business Premier passengers can check-in just 10 minutes before departure whereas Standard Premier and Standard passengers need to check-in 30 minutes before departure. To ensure you have time to go through the security checks and passport control, we would recommend you arriving at the station at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure with Eurostar.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. A Swiss pass enables you to travel free of charge in the Swiss public transport services whereas a "point to point" ticket is a rail ticket valid on a specific route, between two city stations.
- A. All ICE trains convey a Bordbistro and/or a Bordrestaurant. Depending on the time of the day, you can choose from various breakfast menus to suit any taste or main dishes from the "à la carte" menu. In addition to the standard dishes, the menu often features German and European regional specialties freshly prepared. The Bordbistro serves snacks and a wide selection of beverages which you can enjoy there or take back to your seat. In 1st Class coaches a selection of beverages and meals from the menus can be served at your seat on request. Snacks and beverages are also available at your seat in 2nd Class on ICE trains.
- A. Swiss passes must be validated within 6 months of issuing date by a railway official in Switzerland (station’s desk) who also fills in the passport number. Swiss passes must be validated prior to boarding the first train.
answered | Posted by Triveni C. | Comments 0 | Created: 07/03/2016
answered | Posted by Hui C. | Comments 6 | Created: 18/01/2016
answered | Posted by Vandana A. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/12/2015
Which is the best rail pass for 4 adults travelling in a group and wish to cover paris, brussels and amsterdam. for 6 (...)We are planning for 1 night Brussels, 2 night Amsterdam and 3 nights in PAris
answered | Posted by Bhavna A. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/10/2015
answered | Posted by Daniel L. | Comments 6 | Created: 01/09/2015
Reviews & ratings Benelux Pass
Overall rating (4)
Overall appreciationExcellent 27% Very good 7% Average 67% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
- "The only way to travel!" Thomas h. 07/05/2015
The Thalys service between Amsterdam and Bruxelles is amazing! Fast, quiet and comfortable, with outstanding onboard service on a mid-afternoon trip. I don't know why anyone would drive or fly when these trains make travel so convenient. Value for money Convenience
- "more value created " Ling z. 11/10/2013
We tried the Benelux Pass with very limit knowledge of website in beginning, but it does surprised my husband and myself ! We were able to choice the Intercity/stop trains to the cities we planned to visit and some small towns passed by freely without concerns of travel cost in our five day's train trip. The more cities visited, the more value created ! Since my credit card type does not matched with local TVM, it would take much longer time to queue and to waiting at ticket office for tickets. But with the Benelux Pass, we were able to get on trains from stations conveniently. The less time spent, the more value created. The train cars are clean and on time generally, it would be better to indicate the tips or more details regarding train transferring in the train schedule booklet attached with ticket, in order to guide tourists get the better planning in advance. Thanks Value for money Convenience