Eurail Benelux PassFrom ฿ 4,969 From ฿ 4,969 Eurail
Enjoy 1 free extra travel day!
Book before 28/09/2016 and benefit from 1 additional day of travel!
- Unlimited travel in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- Discount for families or groups of 2-5 people with the Saver Pass.
- Children up to 11 travel for free. More details
- Youth (12 - 25) discounts available
The Eurail Benelux Pass is the ultimate pass to discover Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg. All three countries are commonly known as Benelux and are offered as a single destination in your Eurail Pass.
Belgium is the land of chocolates, waffles, beer and chips whereas the Netherlands is famed for its colorful tulips fields, canals, bicycles, iconic windmills and tasty cheese. In Luxembourg, you will find beautiful historic monuments.
The Eurail Benelux Pass allows you unlimited travel with the freedom to hit the tracks whenever and wherever you want! You can take as many trains as you like and there is no limit on the distance you can travel within a travel day. All of this at a fixed price.
Hop on and off trains at any time according to your desires and encounters. Just show up at the nearest train station and get ready to go and explore a new destination. (See ‘Things to know’ for more information about seat reservations).
The Eurail Benelux Pass is packed with bonuses to make your trip even more enjoyable. Hotel discounts, reduced museum fares, discounted ferry trips and more are included in your pass.
It also comes with a Eurail travel pack (Travel map and user guide).
Whether you are the adventurous traveller or the avid planner the Eurail Benelux Pass is your pass to freedom and the key to an unforgettable trip!
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living in a non-European country can use the Benelux Pass. Please note that residents of Russia and Turkey are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
Book a seat reservation with Rail Europe.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
What is a Saver Pass?
A Saver Pass is a single pass listing the names of all people travelling together. It is offered to families or groups of 2 to 5 people.
- Adults usually get a 15% discount with a Saver Pass.
- Remember, children can travel for free with an adult. See conditions below.
Children under 4 travel for free. Do not include them in your booking as they don’t need a rail pass. However if you want them to have a guaranteed seat on board high speed trains or a bed on board night trains, you must make a reservation before travelling.
Children from 4 to 11 travel for free. As a rail pass will still be issued for them, please make sure you include them in your booking. For guaranteed seats on board high speed and night trains, please remember to book a seat for you and your children.
How to use a rail pass?
You must start using your rail pass within 11 months of the date of purchase.
To start using your rail pass, go to a European railway station where a railway official will fill-in your passport number and stamp your rail pass. On each travel day, please remember to write down the date on your rail pass.
You should record your trip in the Travel Report on the rail pass cover.
Passengers travelling without having written down the above information risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket.
A travel day lasts 24 hours from midnight to midnight.You can take as many trains as you want during a travel day.
The 7 pm rule allows you to benefit from a free travel day if the following conditions are met:
- Your pass should be activated.
- You must travel on board a night train departing after 7 pm and this should be your first trip of the day.
- You must reach your destination after 4 am on the next day.
- Your arrival date should be within the validity of the pass.
The validity is the number of travel days of a rail pass.
For a rail pass with a validity of 5 days within 1 month. If you activate your rail pass on the 1st of the month, you can travel on the 3rd, 4th, 7th, 12th and 30th of this month.
Rail pass benefits
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Get a free travel pack when you book a Eurail Pass from Rail Europe. The travel package contains a user guide and a detailed map of the European railway network.
Rail Pass benefits in Belgium
Special Eurail pass holder fares with valid pass including Belgium on the Eurostar high speed trains that link London to Brussels.
5% reduction at HUSA-Hotels.(Login: Rail Pass password: localice58)
10% reduction at Meininger Hotels. Book directly at www.meininger-hotels.com
Hard Rock Cafe Brussels, Grote Markt 12A. Complimentary Hot Fudge Sundae with any main course order or a free gift in the Rock Shop with every purchase over € 25
International IC Bus Connections- Pass holders with a Global Pass need a reservation only. Pass holders with a pass which is not valid in all countries through which the bus passes need a reservation and ticket for the section not covered on pass. Dusseldorf-Eindhoven-Brussels-London / Dusseldorf-Roermond-Eindhoven-Antwerpen.
The national railway company of Belgium is NMBS/SNCB
HUSA-Hotels 10% discount
Discount on the best internet rate, not in combination with other offers. Book at www.husa.es (login: Rail Pass, password: Eurailinterrail) or by tel. +34 902 100 710 (reference Eurail InterRail).
Netherlands (Holland) Bonuses
The national railway company of The Netherlands is NS.
A Eurail Pass valid in the Netherlands is also valid on the following private railway lines:
- DB Regio Westfalen
- Prignitzer Eisenbahn
REDUCED BOAT CROSSINGS
Stena Line 30% discount
Harwich - Hoek van Holland: (reservation compulsory)
+ 353 (0) 12 047 777
DFDS Seaways 25% discount
- Newcastle - IJmuiden (on all categories except Commodore Class). Reservation at: www.dfdsseaways.com/railpass. Subject to availability.
Rail Pass benefits in the Netherlands
30% discount on the full Stena Line fares for the crossing between Hoek van Holland and Harwich (UK).
Free access to the NS Hispeed lounges in several cities. Access is available on the day of travel for 1st class pass holders who have a reservation.
If you have a Global Pass, you only need a seat reservation to board the international IC bus. Otherwise if you have a rail pass which is not valid in a country where the bus operates, you will need a reservation and a ticket. Routes are Dusseldorf-Eindhoven-Brussels-London and Dusseldorf-Roermond-Eindhoven-Antwerpen.
- Hotel Amsterdam: 15% off when booking online.
- Meininger Hotels: 10% off if you book directly with the hotel.
20% discount for the Boijmans Van Beuningen Museum in Rotterdam. It is one of the oldest in Netherlands home to a wide collection of medieval and modern European art. Pass holders must show their pass at the museum ticket window to receive their discount.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. Book 1 passenger at a time, and select the Single compartment. You will need to do this step twice, once for each passenger.
- A. You can book early a ticket for Italo up to 70 days in advance. The earlier you book, the more likely you will get the lowest price. Italo tickets are can be book up to 3 days before your travel date.
- A. The minimum check-in time for passengers with Business First tickets is 20 minutes. For passengers boarding ski trains, and passengers holding regular tickets, check-in time is 30 minutes.
- A. Also known as the red train, Thalys trains link Paris to the gems of Northern Europe: Brussels in 1 hour and 22 minutes, Amsterdam in 3 hours and 18 minutes, and Cologne in 3 hours and 14 minutes. On a seasonal basis (from the end of December till mid - April), Thalys Snow travels from Brussels Midi to the ski resorts in Chambéry, Albertville, Moutiers, Aime-la-Plagne, Landry and Bourg-St-Maurice, every Saturday without any stops.
- A. When travelling to Switzerland, or departing from this country, your ticket does not need to be punched. Ticket inspectors will check your ticket during your Lyria journey. You should be able to produce currently valid proof of eligibility for the fare you have chosen at any time.
- A. All 1 st class passes are valid for travel in all sleeper accommodations. If you have a 2 nd class pass, you are able to travel in T3 compartments and couchettes. Some T4 compartments are offered in 1 st and 2 nd class. Please be sure to check the details of the fare for the train you wish to travel on to determine what class the T4 is offered in.
- A. On-board Eurostar, you are allowed two medium-sized cases (85cm at their longest length), and one piece of hand luggage per passenger. Any luggage over the allowance will be counted as excess luggage and will incur a fee. This will be arranged at the Eurostar terminal on your arrival.
- A. The best-selling Eurail Global Pass offers unlimited, 1st Class train travel in 24 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Bulgarian Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, France, Ireland, Italy, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Luxembourg, Romania, Slovenia, Portugal, Slovakia, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden and Turkey. Choices range from 15 consecutive days to 3 months of travel or 10 and 15 flexible days within a 2-month time period, plus money-saving Eurail Global Pass bonuses. The Eurail Select Pass provides unlimited train travel for the duration you select in your choice of any 3, 4 or 5 countries that border each other, as well as attractive bonuses. Select from Austria, Benelux (Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Croatia/Slovenia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
- A. Sleeping accommodations vary according to the train and route. The most common compartments are Singles, Doubles and Couchettes. Some offer T3, T4, and Deluxe sleepers.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very traveler friendly. Once arriving to the station there are large Departure and Arrival Boards located in the center of the most stations. Match the train number and departure time on your reservation / ticket to the train number listed on the departure board. Once you have found your train on the Departure Board, you will find a platform number where your train will be departing from. Upon arriving to your platform you will notice that each car (also known as a coach) number on the train is clearly indicated on the side of each coach. Check your reservation / ticket for your car/coach number. You notice the class of service will also be listed in addition to the car/coach number on the side of the train. Once onboard the train, you will find that similar to an airplane each seat is clearly labeled with a number. Match the seat number on your reservation / ticket number to seat number in the train car / coach. Train stations in Europe have international pictograms that are easy to understand and are used in international airports. These pictograms will assist you once you arrive to the station. If you still have difficulty in finding your train, the stations staff can always help point you in the right direction.
answered | Posted by Amelia B. | Comments 0 | Created: 20/08/2016
answered | Posted by Becca B. | Comments 0 | Created: 19/08/2016
answered | Posted by Ranjith G. | Comments 0 | Created: 29/07/2016
answered | Posted by Jose J. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/07/2016
answered | Posted by Minish S. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/07/2016
Reviews & ratings Benelux Pass
Overall rating (4)
Overall appreciationExcellent 27% Very good 7% Average 67% Poor 0% Terrible 0%
- "The only way to travel!" Thomas h. 07/05/2015
The Thalys service between Amsterdam and Bruxelles is amazing! Fast, quiet and comfortable, with outstanding onboard service on a mid-afternoon trip. I don't know why anyone would drive or fly when these trains make travel so convenient. Value for money Convenience
- "more value created " Ling z. 11/10/2013
We tried the Benelux Pass with very limit knowledge of website in beginning, but it does surprised my husband and myself ! We were able to choice the Intercity/stop trains to the cities we planned to visit and some small towns passed by freely without concerns of travel cost in our five day's train trip. The more cities visited, the more value created ! Since my credit card type does not matched with local TVM, it would take much longer time to queue and to waiting at ticket office for tickets. But with the Benelux Pass, we were able to get on trains from stations conveniently. The less time spent, the more value created. The train cars are clean and on time generally, it would be better to indicate the tips or more details regarding train transferring in the train schedule booklet attached with ticket, in order to guide tourists get the better planning in advance. Thanks Value for money Convenience